M1-Woodward® Le Mans Classic Chronograph Exhibition
Pre order for late June delivery. All pre orders receive a complimentary Kevlar strap with Deployant Clasp. Pre order price of $1995.00 until end of June.
The 1970 Porsche 917K, chassis 024 was used as a test car for Le Mans before becoming the star car that Steve McQueen drove in the 1971 movie Le Mans with number 20.
The 1968 Ford GT40, chassis 1075, race car number 9, was the 1968 Le Mans winner and driven to victory by Pedro Rodriguez and Lucien Bianchi. Chassis 1075 would go on to win Le Mans in 1969 with race car number 6.
The 1969 Ford GT40, chassis 1075, race car number 6, was the 1969 Le Mans winner and driven to victory by Jacky Ickx and Jackie Oliver. This was the second Le Mans win for chassis 1075 following the 1968 win with race number 9.
Le Grand Prix de Vitesse et d’Endurance known as the 24 Hours of Le Mans, is one of the world’s best-known automobile races and has run annually since 1923 at the road racing circuit de la Sarthe near Le Mans, France.
Since 1928, the winner has been the car that travels the greatest distance in a 24-hour time period. The racing circuit is approximately 13.6 km long and takes place in June. Le Mans is one of eight races in the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile, FIA.
Le Mans dial configuration is matched to a black leather strap with orange stitching
Free shipping within the continental U.S.
M1-Woodward Avenue is a highway notably referred to as Detroit's Main Street and follows the route of the old Saginaw Trail that linked Detroit with Pontiac, and at the time, Flint and Saginaw.
Woodward Avenue was created after a devastating fire in 1805 and is one of five principal avenues in Detroit devised by Augustus B. Woodward as part of a street plan intended to make Detroit the Paris of the West, by emulating it’s wide avenues.
Woodward Avenue was the location of the first mile of concrete roadway in the entire country and in 1970, bore the M1 designation. Woodward Avenue is synonymous with cruising. As early as 1848, carriage drivers would race up and down Woodward Avenue after the roadway was converted from logs to planks.
M1-Woodward is a registered Trademark of Detroit Watch Company, LLC