Our newest stand alone collection with the release of our Pontchartrain Watch Co. 1st Edition
Exclusively limited to 50 numbered pieces. 01/50 to 50/50
Ships on January 18th
Polished 42mm case. Automatic self-winding Swiss Eta 2892A2 movement with sweep second. Polished hands with Superluminova. Crown with black and white DWC-Pontchartrain Fleur-de-Lys. Raised polished Arabic numerals and indices. Calfskin leather band with deployant clasp.
Free shipping within the continental U.S.
Sent by Paris, France’s King Louis XIV, Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit was established as the first permanent French settlement and new center of the fur trade and military power by French officer, Antoine Laumet de la Mothe, Sieur de Cadillac in 1701.
Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit was built along the Detroit River to protect the French fur trade from the British and was named in honor of Louis XIV’s minister of marine and colonies, Louis Phélypeaux de Pontchartrain.
Le Detroit, French for ‘the strait’ eventually came to identify Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit and the surrounding area and after 1751, was known simply as Fort Detroit.