1701 Pontchartrain® Great Lakes Edition Diver
Brushed with polished accents 43mm case. Automatic self-winding Swiss movement with date window. Sweep second hand. Screw down crown with black and white Detroit Fleur-de-Lys. Arabic numerals. Stainless steel link bracelet with extendable deployant clasp.
Limited to 150 numbered pieces for the series 1
Ships next business day. Free shipping within the continental U.S.
Our 22mm leather straps in our accessories collection are also compatible with the diver models.
Sent by Paris, France’s King Louis XIV, Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit was established as the first permanent French settlement and new center of fur trade and military power by French officer, Antoine Laumet de la Mothe, Sieur de Cadillac in 1701.
Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit was built along the Detroit River to protect the French fur trade from the British and was named in honor of Louis XIV’s minister of marine and colonies, Louis Phélypeaux de Pontchartrain.
Le Detroit, French for ‘the strait’ eventually came to identify Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit and the surrounding area and after 1751, was known simply as Fort Detroit.