1701 Pontchartrain® GMT Dual Timezone
Polished 42mm case. Automatic self-winding Swiss movement with date window. Second time zone indicator. Polished sweep second hand. Crown with black and white Detroit Fleur-de-Lys. Arabic numerals. Calfskin leather band with deployant clasp. Alligator strap available at extra cost.
Ships next business day. Free shipping within the continental U.S.
Sent by Paris, France’s King Louis XIV, Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit was established as the first permanent French settlement and new center of fur trade and military power by French officer, Antoine Laumet de la Mothe, Sieur de Cadillac in 1701.
Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit was built along the Detroit River to protect the French fur trade from the British and was named in honor of Louis XIV’s minister of marine and colonies, Louis Phélypeaux de Pontchartrain.
Le Detroit, French for ‘the strait’ eventually came to identify Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit and the surrounding area and after 1751, was known simply as Fort Detroit.